7 v 7 Format • 4 Game Guarantee • Certified Ref’s • Certified Athletic Trainers • Recruiting Opportunity
We are thrilled to partner with Fresh Coast Tournaments for our newest event. Debuting in October 2020, the Crown Clash will be this fall’s hottest showcase tournament event. Join us in Crown Point, Indiana for an action packed day of lacrosse. All teams are guaranteed 4 games (3 pool play & 1 tournament style) Champions will be CROWNED victorious in each division. We will also host a showcase recruiting event on Saturday before the tournament with details TBA.
Date: Sunday, October 25, 2020
Format: 7 v 7: 2 Middies, 2 Attack, 2 Defenders and a Goalie.
3 Boys Divisions:
Bearpaw customizes its bracket creation based on placement calls with program directors. Players/Teams may play up a division but not down.
Registration: $800 per team. A team must have a minimum of 11 and we recommend a maximum of 18. Please note there is a processing fee for all on-line payments. If you would like to avoid this fee, please mail us a check payment.
Location: Sparta Dome, indoors and on turf, 1355 E North St, Crown Point, IN 46307 (Google Map)
Officiating: All games will have a certified officials.
Schedule: A full schedule will be available approximately 3-5 days prior to the event.
Recruiting: We will have coaches from NAIA, DII and DIII programs in attendance!
First Aid: We will have a certified Athletic Trainer at this event.
Concessions: Food and Drinks will be available at the Facility. Please no outside food or drinks other than water.
Tournament HQ & First Aid will be located at the entrance of the fields.
- 7 field players (2m, 2a, 2d) and a goalie. Goalie may go over, but must be replaced. The field is approx. 70 x 40 yards.
- Every team is guaranteed at least 4 games and needs a team manager or coach, age 18 or older and out of High School, on their sidelines at all times.
- Games will be approximately 20 min running halves with Certified referees for all levels.
- Teams allowing non-roster or disqualified players to play will forfeit their game. If you have multiple teams registered players can only play for one team. If a team forfeits a game they will be ineligible for the playoffs.
- Only 2 Long Poles will be allowed on the field at all times. There will be no stick checks but the referee may perform them at their discretion.
- All other rules not listed here will follow 2020 US Lacrosse Rules.
- Faceoff at the beginning of each half. After a goal the goalie will start with the ball and will wait until the referee blows the whistle.
- Attack & Defensive players must be at GLE to start all face-offs and they are not released until there is a possession call, Wing Middies with 1 foot on a sideline and are released on the whistle.
- No timeouts for pool play games. If a team is in the championship then each team has one 30 second timeout. Game time runs during TO. No time outs the last 2 min of the game.
- Personal penalties will be time serving.
- Technical fouls will result in a fast break (2 O v 2 D) starting at midfield. Players not involved will stay 5 yards behind until the whistle.
- Personal fouls will be time serving from 1-3 minutes depending on the infraction.
- Fighting will result in the player being removed from the current game and the following one. Players may also be removed from the tournament.
5 goal rule
- If a team is down by 5 or more they will get a free clear. The trailing team may waive the free clear if they desire.
- Limited body checking is permitted in boys divisions 7-8 thru HS; however, no take-out checks are permitted by any player. A take-out check is defined as any check in which the player lowers his head or shoulder with the force and intent to put the other player on the ground. Players may make contact in an upright position within 3 yards of the ball.
- No body checking for 5-6 grade boys. Equal pressure on any contact.
- In the event of the tie, a Braveheart will be used to determine the winner for pool play. Playoff games will use 3 minute overtimes until a winner is declared. There will be no break in between overtimes and no timeouts.
- In a Braveheart, If a technical foul is called then the player will receive the ball at midfield (after the current play is over) with the defender starting 5 yards away. If a personal foul is called then there will be a free shot with the ball starting at midfield. If there is no goal the play will be immediately stopped and a faceoff will be taken. There are no substitutions allowed during a Braveheart.
- 2 Team Tie Breaker: 1. Head to head 2. Goals against 3. Goals scored (limited to 10) 4. Braveheart.
- 3 or More Teams Tie Breaker: Best Record, 2. Goals against, 3. Goals scored (limited to 10), 4. Least goals against for tournament (among tied teams only, there must be equitable number of games for #1-3 to apply.) 5. Coin flip.
Interested College Coaches Please Register Here.
List of Coaches TBA.
Game times are Central Standard Time
Download the app to get schedule information, alerts and real-time scores with TeamSnap Tournaments.
To download the TeamSnap Tournaments app, go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store to find app:
1. Google Play Store - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fanapp
2. Apple App Store - https://appsto.re/us/1ngndb.i
3. In app sign in using this your email address and follow our tournament, Great Midwest Shootout
4. Now you can see favorite your team, see division schedules, and can receive real-time scores, updates, and notifications. You can also see results on the web here. Please note that you will not receive real-time alerts unless you are on the app.