Border Wars: January 2-3, 2021
Location: Historic Ellenberger Ice Rink located at 5301 East St Clair Street, Indianapolis, IN 46219
Division: Senior A/B
Approximate Game Times:
Saturday - 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sunday - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Eastern Time Zone. Doors open 1 hr prior to start times.
- Fee: $1200 per team with a $500 deposit due upon registration
- 4 game guarantee with some teams getting 5
- Certified Athletic Trainer
- Sport court playing surface
- Boards all around - no opening behind goals
- NEW! World Lacrosse Rules (formerly FIL). See Rules tab with minor amendments.
Here is a short list of hotels that are either close by or in the downtown area. Most are about 10 minutes from our Barn and in the downtown area. Feel free to stay anywhere or use airbnb. Prices listed are as of 12/3/19 for January 3-5, 2020.
Baymont by Wyndham Indianapolis - 3 Star - $63
1540 Brookville Crossing Way, Indianapolis, IN 46239(317) 322-2000
Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel - 4 Star - $95
31 W Ohio St, Indianapolis, IN 46204(317) 635-2000
Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre - 3 Star - $99
105 S Meridian St, Indianapolis, IN 46225(317) 261-1200
Crowne Plaza Indianapolis-Dwtn-Union Station - 3 Star - $127
123 W Louisiana St, Indianapolis, IN 46225(317) 631-2221
The Alexander - 4 Star - $143
333 South Delaware St, Indianapolis, IN 46204(317) 624-8200
What to do:
Here is a comprehensive website with info on the different neighborhoods. http://www.visitindy.com/
Here is a list of local restaurants that we put together:
Family-friendly pizza place features the Big Apple’s signature crust & a small menu of Italian eats.
Address: 8810 S Emerson Ave # 240, Indianapolis, IN 46237
Jockamo Upper Crust Pizza
Address: 5646 E Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46219
Featured on drive inns diners and dives
Address: 5130 E 10th St, Indianapolis, IN 46219
Dufour’s In Irvington |
Address: 5648 E Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46219
Black Acre Brewing Co.
Compact brewery & taproom offering rotating beers plus small plates, sandwiches & growlers.
5632 E Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46219
*Chef Dan’s Southern Comfort Restaurant
Address: 5539 E Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46219
* La Mexi-Gringa
6129 E Washington St
Indianapolis, IN 46219
Phone number(317) 453-1743
* Tie Dye Grill
Burgers & sandwiches with music-themed names in a laid-back bare-bones joint with a hippie motif.
Address: Suite B, 1311 Shadeland Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46219
*closed on Sunday
Past Teams & Results
2020 Champions - Cincinnati
Offensive MVP -
Defensive MVP -
2019 Champions - Cincinnati
Offensive MVP -
Defensive MVP - Dustin Gregory (G) / Cincinnati
2018 Champions - Cincinnati
Offensive MVP - Andrew Newbold / Cincinnati
Defensive MVP - Sean Murphy (G)/ Cincinnati
Thank you to all of the teams and your amazing fans for a great tournament!
Cincinnati is your Champion beating the Louisville Beaver Kings 9-7
Defensive MVP - Sean Murphy (Cincinnati)
Offensive MVP - Andrew Newbold (Cincinnati)
2016 Champions - Beaver Kings
Beaver Kings / Louisville, Ky
Cincinnati / Cincinnati, Oh
Copperheads / Indianapolis, In
Letterkenny Shamrocks / Ontario, Canada
Dragonfish, Grand Rapids, MI
Outlaws / Chicago, IL
Resolute / Columbus, Oh
Rise Fighting Ostriches / Nashville, Tn
St. Louis Centurions / St. Louis, Mo
- World Lacrosse Rules (click for rule book) with the following amendments
- Games will be two 20 min running half's. 3 min half time and 5 min to warm up before game.
- Each team will get one 30 second time out per game. No time outs the last 2 minutes.
- Stop time the last 2 min if teams are within 3 goals. If we enter a the last 2 min stop time it will stay stop time.
- Overtimes will be sudden victory with no timeouts.
- Pool play games will be one 4 min 4 v 4 followed by a 3 man shootout. If still tied each team will send one player out until a winner is declared.
- Championship/Consolation games will be a 10 min 5 v 5 until a winner is declared.
- Fighting will result in expulsion from tournament.
- Clearing will be 10 seconds instead of 8.
- All players and staff must complete the online waiver before stepping on the floor.
- Players may only play for one team.